RegisterLogin with Google+

Auto-suggestion or Self suggestion

Auto-suggestion or self suggestion is the process of making suggestions to yourself,
you can call it the esoteric programing language.

They are the most dominant of your thoughts, the ones that stay in the foreground of your mind, that reach the subconscious mind and influences it. Self suggestion is so powerful in spirituality as it helps to have control over the bad habit and even make them completely disappear.
We grow up in spirituality when we calm our animal nature down, so as to allow our Divine nature to take control.
So self suggestion can be used to prevent those vices of our animal nature ( one after the other).

Autosuggestion is about repeating a phrase over and over, until it becomes rooted in the subconscious mind.
By implanting the positive affirmation into one's subconscious mind, it will naturally arise each time that the corresponding negative trait rears its head.

When to do this?
In my experience, the best times to do this repetition are immediately upon waking and just before falling asleep.

Best way to do it?
It is very important that the affirmation be phrased in the present tense and in a positive manner. For example, "I will quit smoking" does not suffice as it is both negative and not in the present tense. Far better would be "I am a healthy, happy non-smoker." Avoid phrases which include the word 'not'.

What you might need (Tool) (An advise from Franz Bardon)
A string of beads (or knots) to keep track of the number of times that the affirmation is repeated or to keep track of the number of interruptions incurred in the concentration exercises. This is a handy tool. I always work with a length of string in which I have tied 40 simple knots. At each repetition or interruption, I simply move my finger past one knot. This is advantageous in that it frees me from having to count my repetitions or keep track of the number of interruptions. then, keeping track does not itself constitute an interruption or distract me from the task at hand.
A meditation is a trip to the space between the sun and earth. Where there is No days no nights, no noise, no rain, no wind, no earth force of attraction, but just peace, just light, just silence, just freedom. Would you Join me in this trip?

M. Krya
[-] The following 1 user Likes krya's post:
  • Derek
Share this post on :
commentsComments / Replies (6)
During our Sunday meetings in Cape Town, with few of the members of the forum.
we wanted to do a common auto-suggestion. And the chosen one was "I'm the higher self ".
We repeat 40 times, (2) twice during the meeting.

I believe that confirming you are the higher self, the true self, the spirit or the son of God. is the best auto-suggestion ever among them all. because that suggestion targets what we do spirituality for.
it targets the main purpose, the end-result of our practices.

The more we repeat this for months, for years, thoughts that you are the true self will be presents on the surface of your consciences, and the more you have such thoughts always there present every day, the better.
as your will find yourself making decision of meditating, praying, studding, self-controlling. you will be drawn to do things that will confirm your thought.

Nature makes sure that justice is applied. based on what we have present in our mind, we are given according to it. You think you will never make it, then nature will make sure you don't make it. No opportunities comes to you, nothing that could make you successful comes your way. that's what some will call bad luck.

A suggestion is a request. when you confirm you are the higher self, you are actually requesting to your subconsciousness and the universal subconsciousness that you need everything related that request.
so first your own subconsciousness will through at you all samskaras of your past lives and present life, thoughts and emotions of the invisible world that have something to do with the thought of being the higher self comes to you.

Here's a story, zoba went to visit his friend vukissa, they both sat comfortably in the house and
vukissa said: You know I bought a new Cd of music, there's a very nice music what you to listen to. you gon' like it, wait.
vukissa started the music and they both started to listen to the music silently. Vukissa kept waiting zoba's reaction. After a few minute, zoba started changing, his bear grew, his eyes lightened. the
vukissa said: Hey zoba, what's going on? what's happening to you?
zoba replied: Thank you my friend, I remember listening to that music when I reached enlightenment in my past life, Now that I listen to it again, everything comes back to me.

Keep suggesting to yourself to be the true-self, and everything, from stones to God will come help you to confirm what you think you are.
A meditation is a trip to the space between the sun and earth. Where there is No days no nights, no noise, no rain, no wind, no earth force of attraction, but just peace, just light, just silence, just freedom. Would you Join me in this trip?

M. Krya
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
What makes this practice successful?

The practice of suggestions is based on repetition. so what it means is, that you will need to remember now and then to repeat this formula. You absolutely need to set up in advance when you are going to do this, so that you will keep the practice going. If you do not schedule when to do spiritual practices, you might just fail, forget to repeat it, you will end up doing this one day, and some other day, you will forget and later you start and after 3 months have passed you start again. Unfortunately that way of working doesn't take you any further, what do you think you will get from the auto-suggestion if you do it for some days and stop, or if you simply do this from time to time. I'm afraid to say you get nothing, because we what this practice of auto-suggestion is based on : REPETITION. the subconscious requires a lot, but I mean a lot of repetition to take a suggestion into account.

The time it takes for the moon to travel the entire zodiac is the time required for most auto-suggestion to start influencing a human. 23 to 31 days is the time. I do mean start. but not complete. because if you stop after 31 days, you are likely going to fall back, and all your hard work is lost. I don't mean to disappoint you but the truth has to be said. Spiritual things take time to get. this is because those spiritual energies struggles to get to us due to our impurities. So hard work is required. every day we add a brick until one day the full house is complete.

After 23 day of continuous practice, day by day, things starts to be done easily, without you forcing to do it like in the beginning. You should fell some comfort from then. But remember from the 23 days you will need to double your practice to avoid falling down. and even if you happen to fall down, please fall on your knees, so that you can stand up quickly, you know what I mean.

For those who needs some light on how they can keep the practice going, here's the way I do it:
I repeat the formula:
  • When I wake up,
  • Every time I enter the toilet Big Grin .
  • Every time I enter and leave my work office.

Because those activities are what I do every day, especially "Waking up" and "Going to the bathroom", I can bet I will not miss a day without repeating. Days and months will go by, you will still be repeating, now how that suggestion could not affect your sub consciousness?

M. Krya
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
I've been doing this but it is a branch of NLP taught by Anthony Robbins and not called auto-suggestion. Its the exact same thing though. Every morning apon waking he teaches us to link up waking up in the morning, before our "dreaded" work day starts, and doing a few simple things that links waking up to feeling good. This inturn almost instantly causes us to feel good apon waking if it is practiced long and consistantly enough. The actual lesson was simple.....

1. wake up and move your body to get your blood flowing. Do this by making your bed, getting cloths ready etc with almost exagerated movements and deep breathing to get the blood flowing.

2. Take a 5 minute walk, around the block, or on the spot while taping each finger to your thumb at each step. At the same time breath in 4 breaths through the nose on each step and exhale with 4 counts as well on the following steps, then after 2 mins start repeating things on each step. ("All I need is within me, Now" or "Everyday in every way Im feeling better and better" or anything you can come up with)

3. After walking in step2, sit down for 2 or 3 minitues and say in your mind or out loud all the things you are truely gratefull for in your life. The trick here is to generate an actual feeling of gratefulness and not just say the words.

4. Visualise what you want happen in your life (goals, spiritual growth, job,better relationship,etc) and visualise them in present tense. The trick here aswell is to generate the feelings of having that thing you want happened. Try and find a way to trick your mind into thinking you have it already.(eg: If its a certain job you want, visualise yourself dressing for the job,the route your're driving there,the actual place of work, and feel the feelings you would if you had it,etc).....note if you do this often your mind will love the feeling and materialise your dreams. This is taught in "The Secret".

The most important bit of information is to trick your mind into believing you have something that you really want as this will cause certain hormones, and chemicals to be released and cause a happy mood. What will follow is that your mind will FIND this "desire" of yours in the real world but what you will also find is that when you have it you won't feel any different than when you imagined it.

Nice post :-)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Warren-79's post:
  • Derek
Share this post on :
Hi Warren-79, an welcome in the forum.
I think you're right. although names can be different, that exercise is based on the same truth.
and that's what is more important. and the way that exercises is combined with breathing and visualization techniques is just wonderful; that puts you in a whole spiritual mood Smile

M. Krya
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
Yes it does....I forgot to add that directly after step 4 it is suggested that some physical exercise is done to release some extra "feel good" hormones in your body. This essentialy sets you up for a day where you have a more positive outlook in any situation.

I do the 4 steps and then do the first 10mins of Tai-bo bootcamp in the morning, which is basically streching and a bit of cardio (just enough to start light sweating - as this is when those euphoric hormones are released). After this I drink a huge glass of Wheatgrass or veggie juice....all in all it requires me to wake up 30mins earlier before work so I can do this whole process, but that 30mins set me up for a positive day most of the time.

I've also realised that the exercise on its own makes me feel good, so combining it with the first 4 steps, tricks my brain into believing that I must do this whole process to feel good, which is a good way to keep me comming back. :-)

I've learned to "see" how advertisers trick us into buying products by showing us pictures of happy people and also healthy active people with their product in hand and have just kind of used that system to program myself to make me associate certain things, that I want to do (like having a green veg drink), to happiness and not let them tell me that drinking a "Coke" for instance will make me happy.
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
I believe the full steps provides a great feeling. because all your thoughts are positives and in the present.
And yes, this words are so true "when you have it you won't feel any different than when you imagined it.
".

Basically whatever you come to make your subconscious believe, nature provides.
But we maybe should be careful of what we request. Nature is full of invisible entities (bad and good) waiting to help out with our request. Some suggestions are fulfilled by bad entities, some others by good entities. When you request Earthly things, it's not always angels who will help out here, it will be entities very close to the material world. When you get help from low entities, you create a relationship with those entities, sort of like a relationship is established, they will sure provide you with what you requested and you will have to give something in return. That way a regular energy exchange is established.

Now the same thing will happen with higher pure entities of the nature, who will come to your help when you make spiritual requests. And an energy exchange will be established once they have made your dream come true.

To my mind, It's very beneficial to request spiritual things for the reason above. and also because spiritual things are real things to get as we never loose them even after death. and it's always better to make friends with entities that are higher spiritually than us than those who are lower spiritually.
But of caurse come times in our life when we do need help for material things, so we will visualize to get them, nothing wrong with that.
Living a spiritual life does not mean living a sad life, full of misery, on the contrary a spiritual person should look for gold, for power, for money, and all that. but in only one condition: only if you are sure those earthly things requested will help not only yourself but also many other people in the world. This is even the key to a successful prayer.

M. Krya
[-]
  •
Share this post on :