I'm so sorry @Skytiger and @Johngefnir - I honestly believed I had already responded to this thread. My computer seems to be on its last leg and this isn't the first time this has happened. 

@Skytiger - Thank you so much for that protection prayer. I have added it to my notebook so that I can always have access to it. Thankfully, I've never felt uncomfortable or scared when this happens, but I honestly believe we should always be protected so this is truly a great prayer to have. Honestly, the last line you wrote "You yourself are in charge of what you experience or choose not to experience," has been a common theme throughout my studies and I truly believe that to be true. I'm still working on my mindset and thought patterns, but I'm getting there. Thanks again so much!

@Johngefnir - I'm so grateful for the clarity you have always provided me with. "All spirit mediums are clairvoyant, but not all clairvoyants are mediums." I have to be honest and admit that I never thought about that before and have used those terms interchangeably. It must have been an amazing experience for both you and @MoonBearSpeaks to have witnessed mediums in altered states with spirits speaking through them. I can definitely see how even though it was scary at the time, it sparked an interest in the occult and spiritualism because that is essentially how I ended up at this point as well. I definitely wish I had known the importance of protection in my earlier years because it would have made things so much easier for me.

One of the biggest struggles I've had in learning about spirituality is that many people claim that evil does not exist or that evil spirits aren't real - they are simply a manifestation of our beliefs, etc. However, even prior to finding "Spirituality," I believed in good/bad. I've witnessed evil here on earth, many times so I've had a very hard time believing that none of that exists in the spirit world. My beliefs are more in line with yours. As you said, "as above, so below." Nevertheless, protection has become very important to me. Your fish bowl analogy is absolutely brilliant and instantly helped me understand how this all is possible.

I feel much more comfortable & confident now and not so uneasy. I will keep these words close to my heart and be prepared the next time this happens because I believe there is so much more to life than the physical and do not want to judge these experiences as I judge and confront everyday things on a physical basis alone. Surely, if there is a message meant for me, I wish to receive it.

Thanks so much again to you both!

Love & Light.