RegisterLogin with Google+

Do you know the secrets of a cold shower?

Shocked 
Have you ever tried bathing in an icy cold water?

Yes, I know exactly what you are thinking right now: "icy cold shower? Sheesh, how weird is the idea! Confused Isn’t a warm bath much more convenient and comfortable, especially in a cold climate?"
Well, I would have totally agreed with you until recently when I discovered the precious secrets behind taking regular cold bath.

One old friend of mine whom I have met a few years back in one European country during my brief visit there has stunned me with what he was doing on a regular basis. The guy was rather an athletic type, with a kind of obsession about body fitness. And one of the strange things which I observed him doing was his habit of taking really cold bath early every morning before going jogging, and this regardless of whichever weather or season it was! I personally watched the guy defying the European winter by taking a couple of buckets of snow from outside and pouring them in a half-filled bath tub and then... I couldn’t believe my eyes with the demonstration he showed me by jumping right into the tub and stay in such freezing water for about five to ten minutes! Huh

From his perspective, this regular cold water bath was the secret that kept him vigorous and energetic throughout the day. Obviously, I contested the veracity of his statement because the whole process appeared to be just too extreme and to eccentric from my point of view at the time and I was far from being interrested. Then recently (which is exactly five years since) when I began feeling more and more dizzy and exhausted in my days, I decided to give a try to that experiment and see whatever benefit I may get from it. And Gosh! How wonderful it was! I mean the benefits are almost immediate: I not only feel more invigorated right after taking a very cold shower, but I also notice a steady increase of vital energy and mental clarity throughout the rest of the day! Smile

I cannot thank enough that good sir for sharing with me that life-altering tip, although I wasn’t at all receptive to it at that moment. But as of now I have adopted the idea and could definitely said goodbye to any hot bath. In fact, in my excitement, I even contemplated the idea of getting the geyser installation in my apartment removed, since it now serves almost no more purpose as far as my daily routines are concerned! Well, even if the geyser stays, I surely will not be using it anyway.
And I have notice that the positive side effect will be a substantial decrease of my electricity bill! Isn’t it awesome doing something that not only provides you with many health benefits, but also saves you a ton of money at the same time?

After reading this post, I challenge anyone to try this method for himself or herself and watch how much positive energy it introduces in your life. Your soul (and wallet) will thank you for taking that brave step and making this New Year a very productive one for you. Smile

But you may wanna go slowly though, by increasingly getting used your body to cold water before rushing into a tub of icy water from your first experiment. I am not going to take any responsibility for whatever inconvenience that may occur to you for any hasty move you may be tempted to make and which could end up getting you frozen to death in your own bathroom! Big Grin

Just take it easy and enjoy this exciting ride!
Mystery creates wonder. Wonder produces curiosity. Curiosity raises questions. Questions lead to answers.
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
Staying fit was a priority in my life until I overheard someone saying : "It's great adding years to one's existence, but it's better to add immortality. "
My heart so meek and full of fright was thus transformed to bravest knight.
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
Quote: "It's great adding years to one's existence, but it's better to add immortality. "

I get that.

But still, there is nothing wrong for someone to seek a bit of comfort even in hell! Big Grin

So if something like drinking coffee or taking a cold bath is something can increase my level of energy and allow me to stay more lucid and mentally sharp during my days, I think I am quite prepared to go for it! Smile
Mystery creates wonder. Wonder produces curiosity. Curiosity raises questions. Questions lead to answers.
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
There is the everpresent danger of getting too comfortable in hell... we might like itSmile
My heart so meek and full of fright was thus transformed to bravest knight.
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
Nearly burning up at the Mississippi Gulf Coast, I took a wonderful shower, stayed in for 5 minutes thinking how great it was. Later I tried to get some hot water to wash dishes. The water was ice cold. It was then I noticed the hot water heater was off. I had taken a wonderful COLD shower and didn't notice. My body temp was so high it actually felt like warm water. I guess it depends on how hot or cold you are to determine if you even notice water temperature.
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
When I come across a new thread I usually read it a few times in order to ponder on it and understand it. This one, I swear never to read it again. brrrrrrrrrrrr
I am a Spiritual Being having a Human Experience
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
Benefits of a cold shower:

This is an interesting thread. It takes a considerable amount of will power to get into a cold shower (by cold i mean, Water that is chilling). 

However I have come to realize that the process of taking a cold shower  mirrors the process of battling (for lack of a better word) or confronting your vices. (How can these two things be connected?) 

The process of a cold shower to a person who is accustomed to a warm shower can be very painful. When you step into the cold shower, all your muscles tighten, you lose all of the air in your lungs, and all of your nerves are screaming. This lasts for about a minute or two, but then your body adjusts and there is no longer pain and its get comfortable even some what pleasant. You are then left feeling, as the post says, more energized and focused throughout your day. 

However, the next day comes around and welp! its time to take your daily shower. You are then left with the choice to take the cold shower or take the hot one.  this decision is not meant to mirror right and wrong but rather the choice between what is easy and comfortable and that which is harder but offers more in the long run.

When dealing with a vice, the process of weaning off the vice and resisting temptation is the path of the cold shower. It is very painful at first in the form of withdrawals or even physical pain. but by resisting, you become stronger and, of course, you receive the benefit of not destroying yourself spiritually by giving into your vice. Each day that you resist your vice, choose the hard path, aka take the cold shower, it becomes easier to continue in the same fashion.
With each consecutive cold shower, you begin to get more accustomed to the process that you no longer feel pain or suffering (apparently to the point you can go outside on a cold day grab buckets of snow and take a bath in that Smile )

To sum up what im trying to say. A cold shower not only offers more vitality and energy but it also takes will power and can assist you to live in a disciplined manner. (also you save some money on the electricity bill) .

Hope this adds to the thread
[-]
  •
Share this post on :

(01-02-2015, 10:20 AM)John_Ly Wrote: Have you ever tried bathing in an icy cold water?

Yes, I know exactly what you are thinking right now: "icy cold shower? Sheesh, how weird is the idea!  Isn’t a warm bath much more convenient and comfortable, especially in a cold climate?"
Well, I would have totally agreed with you until recently when I discovered the precious secrets behind taking regular cold bath.

One old friend of mine whom I have met a few years back in one European country during my brief visit there has stunned me with what he was doing on a regular basis. The guy was rather an athletic type, with a kind of obsession about body fitness. And one of the strange things which I observed him doing was his habit of taking really cold bath early every morning before going jogging, and this regardless of whichever weather or season it was! I personally watched the guy defying the European winter by taking a couple of buckets of snow from outside and pouring them in a half-filled bath tub and then... I couldn’t believe my eyes with the demonstration he showed me by jumping right into the tub and stay in such freezing water for about five to ten minutes!  From his perspective, this regular cold water bath was the secret that kept him vigorous and energetic throughout the day. Obviously, I contested the veracity of his statement because the whole process appeared to be just too extreme and to eccentric from my point of view at the time and I was far from being interrested. Then recently (which is exactly five years since) when I began feeling more and more dizzy and exhausted in my days, I decided to give a try to that experiment and see whatever benefit I may get from it. And Gosh! How wonderful it was! I mean the benefits are almost immediate: I not only feel more invigorated right after taking a very cold shower, but I also notice a steady increase of vital energy and mental clarity throughout the rest of the day!  I cannot thank enough that good sir for sharing with me that life-altering tip, although I wasn’t at all receptive to it at that moment. But as of now I have adopted the idea and could definitely said goodbye to any hot bath. In fact, in my excitement, I even contemplated the idea of getting the geyser installation in my apartment removed, since it now serves almost no more purpose as far as my daily routines are concerned! Well, even if the geyser stays, I surely will not be using it anyway.
And I have notice that the positive side effect will be a substantial decrease of my electricity bill! Isn’t it awesome doing something that not only provides you with many health benefits, but also saves you a ton of money at the same time?

After reading this post, I challenge anyone to try this method for himself or herself and watch how much positive energy it introduces in your life. Your soul (and wallet) will thank you for taking that brave step and making this New Year a very productive one for you. SmileBut you may wanna go slowly though, by increasingly getting used your body to cold water before rushing into a tub of icy water from your first experiment. I am not going to take any responsibility for whatever inconvenience that may occur to you for any hasty move you may be tempted to make and which could end up getting you frozen to death in your own bathroom!  Just take it easy and enjoy this exciting ride!

Yeah, You know, I like a introductory, educational thread. This one is real nice, and actually I have done this myself, and now, I should get back to it! In the Summer of 2016, after taking a train ride to Missouri, here in USA, to visit my mother, this was the initial start to my spiritual walk in life, and I got the cold shower/bath Idea from the bible.

Now before you get to thinking I am one of those dogmatic people, know this, I am neither christian, nor Jew, I believe in a spiritual way that goes back to Abraham, and I incorporate a spiritual walk with the wisdom of my ancestors, in Native American Tribes, and Israel, to practice an old belief that Israel originally practiced, as can be observed in the tribes of America.

In the bible, says, in Leviticus, I believe, to take a cold bath, for cleansing purposes, after semen discharge, or unclean activities, such as toughing the dead.

It is said a cold shower could clean the flesh, and soul.

I tried it, and you know what, every day, just like you said, I had mental clarity, and energy. My winters were not so bad either, think adaptation!

[-]
  •
Share this post on :