RegisterLogin with Google+

How can I become more spiritual?

Hello like-minded 

I see people doing many spiritual exercises, meditation, prayers, mantras... is that what it takes to become more spiritual? And what is to be spiritual like anyway? 
These are some questions I've got hanging in my head at times.

Any idea?
[-] The following 1 user Likes pekos's post:
  • Admin
Share this post on :

greetings pekos

just my two cents..

my answer to the question is to try to examine yourself .. your thoughts, emotions. and actions.. and hopefully examining also your connection to your Higher Self.   Asking yourself the questions... spiritually how did i get here?,,, spiritually where am I externally and internally connected?  and where are you going spiritually?...

learning to meditate, (if you don't already) can be a valuable tool for many who ask those questions.

peace and good luck,

aceofcups

The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you.  Don’t go back to sleep ...  People are going back and forth across the doorsill where the two worlds touch. The door is round and open.   Don’t go back to sleep ... Rumi
[-] The following 4 users Like Aceofcups's post:
  • Admin, pekos, Skytiger, Uzumaki
Share this post on :
Listen to the Voice Within.
The Voice which tells you everyone - EVERYONE - is loved equality.
The Voice that tells you to love everyone around you, even those who may hate you.
The Voice that comforts you in your sad times.
The Voice which will never leave you or anyone.
The Voice of Pure Love,

All you need do is realize you yourself are Indeed worthy of love, as all of us are.
[-] The following 3 users Like Skytiger's post:
  • Admin, pekos, Uzumaki
Share this post on :
How to become more spiritual? A good question. Much will depend on your definition of spirituality. Going to church, having a religion, praying, none of these things will make you a spiritual person. Religion is somewhat passive while spirituality is active, watching football will not make you a footballing star. You only get there by practice, determination, hard work and dedication. So it is with spirituality. While religion has rules, doctrines, books and a hierarchy of priests etc. spirituality has none of these things. There is no manual to show you the way, no rule book to follow, but you have the best guide ever. Your higher self. While religion may be an outward showing of a belief and many religious people are ready to say, ‘You’re wrong, you will go to hell unless you come and worship with us. Ours is the only true religion and path to heaven!’
What a load of rubbish!
You will never find a spiritual person saying things like that. They don’t wear their spirituality like a coat of arms, they don’t brag about who they are or what they do, they don’t try to impose their ways on others. They are quiet and confident in their relationship with the Divine.
Meditation helps, but what kind of meditation do you do? Meditation must have a purpose and a reason.
Spirituality doesn’t happen overnight, it creeps on, slowly, quietly, unnoticed. I can’t tell you what it feels like to be a spiritual person, you don’t suddenly see a light, or become wise, or know the meaning of life. It just happens, and you realise your priorities have changed. Material things no longer matter so much to you, your circle of friends change, you are more aware of nature and sometimes become emotional for no apparent reason.
Just be aware that you are part of the universe and it is part of you, that you are in the image of our creator and capable of great things and that you are, like us, essentially Spirit, our human form is just a shell, a vehicle to carry us about. When you realise these truths you are on your way.
What is important is not the right doctrine but the attainment of the true experience. It is giving up believing in belief.
[-] The following 3 users Like johngefnir's post:
  • MOONBEARSPEAKS, pekos, Skytiger
Share this post on :
Making sense . Yes. Thank you.

[-]
  •
Share this post on :

(08-17-2019, 10:04 PM)pekos Wrote: Hello like-minded 

I see people doing many spiritual exercises, meditation, prayers, mantras... is that what it takes to become more spiritual? And what is to be spiritual like anyway? 
These are some questions I've got hanging in my head at times.

Any idea?

I am glad that you asked. Smile" alt="Smile" title="Smile">

Becoming more "spiritual", is to become more en-lightened. That is to say IN-Light-IN-ed.

To grow the light that rises your crown chakra, is to be one with creation and creator, to discover yourself, who you are seeking to find.

To feel purity, as an emotion, in purist focus, we must clean our hearts.

A great exercise for cleaning your heart, with the light, is a chant meditation. Just take some time, by yourself, alone, and private, whether in your bedroom, or out on a hill top; there Chant from Root up to crown, these phrases: Lam (Root), Vam (Sacral), Ram (Navel), Yam (Heart), Ham (Throat), Om (Eye), Ooh (Crown).

You may go from bottom, up, and then up, back down. Must resonate loud in the mouth and nasal cavity, hold tongue in cup manner, pronounce with long "A" sounds. For Om, and Ooh, they are pronounced more like a Semitic "Ayin", being a gutteral and throat sound, like saying "aaaaaaa" until there is less space in your throat.

Really though, You do not have to be perfect, just practice, your alone, no one to judge. Should their opinion matter anyways? I just never had someone to teach me these details, so I am glad that I can.

Sorry I can not be there to walk you through it. But a word through should go like this: If you are feeling tense, chant rapid, until your mind relaxes, and by the time you have gotten to the top and back down once or twice, then begin to slow the chant, lengthening the sounds, it is best to practice saying a single chant as long as possible, conserve your breathe. During the time that the chant is going on, focus on the sound of your voice, and stop all thoughts, but the focus on sound.

Another great way to become more spiritual, is to live life symple. Get rid of the things you do not need, from the things you least want, to the things that you do not require to live.

The basics of survival is really all that anyone needs to survive. Personally, this is coming from a traveling man, who devoted himself to becoming one with divine. I take with me my thermos, knife, and the clothing on my back, but not much more. I find life lived symble is a happy one, one without all these distractions, and destroyers of peace, which blind my focus from what truly matters.

I will let you decide what is distracting.

Good morrow and may the daybreak star be in your eye.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Vast land Traverse's post:
  • pekos
Share this post on :
Thank you. Thank you.
Okay this is what I'm getting from all your answers. To become more spiritual I have to do something about it since we don't become spiritual by being passive. I also hear from your posts that things like meditations and chakra chanting are ways to take me there.
Can we just say then that it's by practicing a lot of spiritual exercise that I will become more spiritual?

Also are they levels of spirituality? When I use the term more spiritual, I'm also trying to find out if there are higher level of spirituality to aim for. And how to do you even know you are there.
What if we are just confused to think to that we are spiritual but in reality we are not. Because when I think about it, I see there are no measurement, so anyone can claim to be spiritual and never be neither wrong nor right.

[-]
  •
Share this post on :

(08-28-2019, 10:52 PM)pekos Wrote: Thank you. Thank you.
Okay this is what I'm getting from all your answers. To become more spiritual I have to do something about it since we don't become spiritual by being passive. I also hear from your posts that things like meditations and chakra chanting are ways to take me there.
Can we just say then that it's by practicing a lot of spiritual exercise that I will become more spiritual?

Also are they levels of spirituality? When I use the term more spiritual, I'm also trying to find out if there are higher level of spirituality to aim for. And how to do you even know you are there.
What if we are just confused to think to that we are spiritual but in reality we are not. Because when I think about it, I see there are no measurement, so anyone can claim to be spiritual and never be neither wrong nor right.

Meditation/Chanting is a way of strengthening your connection to the Fiery sea above. People have had visions, and messages given to them from Divine, when they have desired to seek in meditation. But the thing to focus on, be the fact that Meditation/Chanting clears our minds, cleans our energetic body, and allows us to stay on the track of ascent. A single eye, is one full of light, how can an eye be single, when there be a strange darkness arguing your every will?

There are different levels of power, different levels of the Human being, three, to make it simple. As an egg, there is the outer shell, which is body/mind; there is an inward egg white, which is the watery soul; and last, but also first, the Yolk, where resides pure spirit. There are three levels of Spirit, three levels of power, to make it simple. The person who lives as body has the least power, as electricity. The person who lives as soul, has more power than before, yet is still susceptible to attachment. The Last, which few ever find, is the total completion of power, oneness, with spirit. Great prophets have came and are worshiped, but yet, we can obtain that very unity ourselves, and worship is not necessary. Worship of flesh, is of course a distraction from your personal power within, but I digress...

Some people lie to themselves, but if you are humble, you are honest, and if you are calm, you will correct, and become true to yourself. It is absolutely possible to be spiritual.

I would say many take a path of spiritualism, as a practice, but few become spirit.

For those growing close to spirit, and who are more single, their eyes can see spirit, and they can measure power.

I am a traveling, devotee to the spirit. I am always growing, and never go back to my old way. I can see energy, to know. I desire the yolk, to be. Blessing and Namaste.

[-]
  •
Share this post on :
Spirituality is all about your spirit. It’s all the theories and experience you have with the spirit. To be spiritual is more about being able to know your spirit by experience, meaning to feel it and to hear it. To be spiritual is to live each day giving more opportunities to your spirit to manifest better within you. It is to live each day for a better spiritual experience. The more you can feel and hear the spirit, the more spiritual you get.

You will describe the "being spiritual" in new ways as you get closer and closer to your spirit, as you unite more and more with it. For me for instance, it feels a lot of joy and clarity of mind. That’s actually what I refer as feeling and hearing the spirit in the articles I write. Joy and clarity of mind are what makes my happiness. And happiness is that one reason I continue living a spiritual life. I’ve observed mostly pain, sorrows, regrets and worries with a purely material life. So I've chosen the spirit, fell in love with it and it makes me fell happier and happier.

Then of course, the success in become spiritual depends on your understanding of what the spirit is, and especially how it manifests within and around you. You need to learn to distinguish your animal human nature from your spirit nature. Meaning, you need to clearly know when and how your lower nature manifests and how the higher nature in you manifests. This is a personal daily work of self-observation.

You are going to have to become a esoteric observer, I mean observing your own psychic behavior in a scientific manner. That way, you will learn more about your nature. Then you need to consider thoughts and feelings which hurt you and others as inner impurities (coming from your lower nature), and the light emotions of joy with pure thoughts as your inner purity. Then see how happier you become when you increase the level of joy feelings along with your pure thoughts (Your higher nature).

To become spiritual is to put a great part of your lower nature to sleep, and to wake up your higher nature (also known as the higher self). All esoteric studies and practices you do should help you and lead you towards a better experience of your higher nature. For example if you have to study astrology, kabbalah, white magic, numerology, or practices like the reiki, the magnetism, the telepathic or the astral projection, let them be used for the main goal of experiencing the higher nature. Throughout time, I've learnt that we can use almost anything to help us achieve that goal, the higher nature. It's as if everything around us is meant to help us reach that goal if we know how to use them. Even the Evil or the lower energies withing us can help us reach that goal.

To be more spiritual is to go beyond existence, and to start living. Not the life of human parasites Smile , but the true life influenced by your spirit.

Love and light to you Pekos
A meditation is a trip to the space between the sun and earth. Where there is No days no nights, no noise, no rain, no wind, no earth force of attraction, but just peace, just light, just silence, just freedom. Would you Join me in this trip?

M. Krya
[-] The following 1 user Likes krya's post:
  • pekos
Share this post on :
Thanks everyone for your answers.
I always find so much to learn. I'm actually trying to build my own spiritual practices routine. It's still a bit confusing as to where to start. There are so many sorts of meditations, so many practices, and looks like I choose the one which works for me. I'm afraid it will be years before I find what works for me Smile Smile Smile

[-]
  •
Share this post on :