RegisterLogin with Google+

How can you keep a spiritual life throughout the day?

Or do you mean becoming a Supreme Guide, comparable to the Buddha?
Is this not the aspiration of any Buddhist?
I am a Spiritual Being having a Human Experience
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
dattaswami, I quote from your post dated 04-15-2017

Just like Christianity arose from Islam......,  

I take issue with the accuracy of that statement, on the grounds that Jesus, on whose teaching Christianity is based, lived in the first century, from which the abbreviation CE (Christian Era) derives. 

Muhamed, on whose teaching Islam is based lived (I refer to Google) from 570 CE to 632 CE.

Please comment, dattaswami.
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
(04-19-2017, 02:47 PM)MOONBEARSPEAKS Wrote: dattaswami, I quote from your post dated 04-15-2017

I take issue with the accuracy of that statement, on the grounds that Jesus, on whose teaching Christianity is based, lived in the first century, from which the abbreviation CE (Christian Era) derives. 

Muhamed, on whose teaching Islam is based lived (I refer to Google) from 570 CE to 632 CE.

Christians are the followers of Christ. Buddhists are followers of Buddha. Jains are followers of Mahavir Jain. Hindus are the followers of various forms of God. Muslims were the followers of all the prophets up to Mohammad. Thus, the word ‘Muslims’ is general just like the word Hindus. You cannot say that only the followers of Krishna are Hindus. Followers of Shiva are also Hindus.

Later on the word Muslims was used specifically for the followers of Mohammad. Before the arrival of Christ and Mohammad all the non-Hindus were called as Muslims. In Sanskrit the word Muslims is represented by the word ‘Mlechcha’ which means all non-Hindus. Thus, in ancient times there were only two religions. One was Hinduism in India and the other was Mlechcha or Muslim out of India.

Sage Vyasa wrote a scripture called ‘Bhavishya Purana’ which mentions about the arrival of Christ to India after His crucifixion and His conversation with King Salivahana. Therefore, this point has the validity from scripture. The historical proof exists for the burial tomb of the Christ in Kashmir (India) even today. We cannot help if some conservative people like the well-frogs, deny this [a frog in a well thinks that his own well alone is the mighty ocean].

Before Jesus, Islam was only there. Even Jesus told in His words that He preached the divine knowledge to Muslims. Latter on the separation took place basing on the fact that some people accepted Jesus as messenger only (these remained as Islam) and some accepted Him as son of God or even as God Himself. The last two categories formed the Christianity. Hence, Swami wrote that Islam is the mother religion and Christianity is its off-spring.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dattaswami's post:
  • krya
Share this post on :
Thank-you dattaswami for you detailed explanation. It filled  gap in my knowledge of religious history.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MOONBEARSPEAKS's post:
  • krya
Share this post on :
(04-19-2017, 08:05 PM)dattaswami Wrote:
(04-19-2017, 02:47 PM)MOONBEARSPEAKS Wrote: dattaswami, I quote from your post dated 04-15-2017

Christians are the followers of Christ. Buddhists are followers of Buddha. Jains are followers of Mahavir Jain. Hindus are the followers of various forms of God. Muslims were the followers of all the prophets up to Mohammad. Thus, the word ‘Muslims’ is general just like the word Hindus. You cannot say that only the followers of Krishna are Hindus. Followers of Shiva are also Hindus.

Later on the word Muslims was used specifically for the followers of Mohammad. Before the arrival of Christ and Mohammad all the non-Hindus were called as Muslims. In Sanskrit the word Muslims is represented by the word ‘Mlechcha’ which means all non-Hindus. Thus, in ancient times there were only two religions. One was Hinduism in India and the other was Mlechcha or Muslim out of India.

Sage Vyasa wrote a scripture called ‘Bhavishya Purana’ which mentions about the arrival of Christ to India after His crucifixion and His conversation with King Salivahana. Therefore, this point has the validity from scripture. The historical proof exists for the burial tomb of the Christ in Kashmir (India) even today. We cannot help if some conservative people like the well-frogs, deny this [a frog in a well thinks that his own well alone is the mighty ocean].

Before Jesus, Islam was only there. Even Jesus told in His words that He preached the divine knowledge to Muslims. Latter on the separation took place basing on the fact that some people accepted Jesus as messenger only (these remained as Islam) and some accepted Him as son of God or even as God Himself. The last two categories formed the Christianity. Hence, Swami wrote that Islam is the mother religion and Christianity is its off-spring.

dattaswami, now you just plain lying, hindu religion is around 10 000 old, Judaism around 6000, Christian around 2000 and Islam 1600, but i sure you copy and past something
Light, Life and Love
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gerhard Botha's post:
  • MOONBEARSPEAKS
Share this post on :
And so this thread is gone way off topic. I'm closing it.
Sorry Krya. Im sure you will understand.
"You mess with me, I lighten you"
Awesome Admin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Admin's post:
  • MOONBEARSPEAKS
Share this post on :
Thank you Admin for your timely intervention.
A topic's a topic.
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
Thank you Gerhard for correcting dattaswami's error. His post was surely misleading me.
[-]
  •
Share this post on :