Register

How did you start your spiritual journey?

Hi there, 
I'd like to know how it all started for you. 
Pretty new to it, but I fell like I'm being intuitively called to learn and grow in spirituality. 
I'm very attracted to it, fascinated I must say. 

What have been your experiences and challenges along the way? 
Mind sharing?
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
commentsComments / Replies (1)
From an early age I’ve been interested in the paranormal. As a child I regularly saw Faeries in my room and garden, of course I was told it was just my imagination, and so it was ‘educated’ out of me.
As a teenager I used to see and feel things and became sensitive to atmosphere, scents and temperature changes. I became friendly with psychics and a medium from whom I gleaned knowledge of the otherworlds.
The place where I worked was an old workshop which had at least one other ‘resident’ which wasn’t very nice, also my house had a presence, not a disincarnate spirit, but an elemental! I was encouraged to join a Spiritualist Church, which I enjoyed for a time, but was told by a medium that I would get bored, and turn towards the philosophy of Spiritualism and the spirit world and life, which I did.
I became involved with The Hermetic Order of The Golden Dawn where I met others like me and learned many occult teachings and practices.
Really there was no ‘light bulb moment,’ it was just a steady progression rather like growing old, you don’t notice the progression, but one day you realise what you really are.
Now I write philosophy, teach visualisation and meditation techniques, I have studies the Kabala and many religious texts looking for truths and answers. I talk to the ancestors in meditation and get instruction, and also am a distant mentor to three people in other countries.
I am a Reiki practitioner and spiritual healer, I am able to see and feel energies and have led spirits home to the light.
I am not complete by any means, and may not achieve that state in this lifetime. If spirit chooses to work with, and through you it can be a blessing, but it is also hard work to follow the path of spirit. I charge nothing for the work I do, with the exception of Reiki, as our gifts are given freely, and so I believe we should give freely too.
Spirituality is not a religion, or a profession, it is a way of life. It isn’t easy because the physical world with all its beauty and temptations is all about us. We should enjoy the physical world and the beauty because we have a physical being which we need to satisfy, but we must satisfy the spiritual too, because the physical is transient while the spirit is immortal.
What is important is not the right doctrine but the attainment of the true experience. It is giving up believing in belief.
[-] The following 2 users Like johngefnir's post:
  • Ajay0, patrick
Share this post on :