RegisterLogin with Google+

I'd like to understand the secrets behind the psaumes [Edited psalms]

Hi there,
Do you guys know anything about psalms you can tell me about?,
It's said that each of them have a power. I can remember we used to sing them in a group of the Monastery, and even at church when I was a child, But I really never knew the whole story behind those psalms (those holy books of the bible).

I would appreciate if anyone could bring some light upon that;
what makes them powerful? How does it help us?

Thank you.
A meditation is a trip to the space between the sun and earth. Where there is No days no nights, no noise, no rain, no wind, no earth force of attraction, but just peace, just light, just silence, just freedom. Would you Join me in this trip?

M. Krya
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
commentsComments / Replies (7)
I assume you are talking about the psalms, which are a collection of texts in the Hebrew Bible (also called Old Testaments by Christians) containing mainly some poetic expressions of praises and supplication to God.

Those texts have always been popular in many cultures and faiths throughout the ages not because of their mystical natures (if they have any), but simply because of the feeling of peace and harmony they evoke in a person meditating about them. One can get a sense of comfort and a peaceful reassurance of glory if one meditate about subjects in the psalms with a certain attitude of reverence and appropriate mental predisposition.

Also notice that these psalmic texts are not exclusive to the Bible. I once came across a book which was an english translation of an ancient Egyptian papyrus found in the pyramid of Giza, and which was dedicated to the praise of Ra the sun-god. There is just too much parallels between most of its writings and those in the psalms for the two documents to be just a coincidence. That is why I think it is safe to speculate that the writings in the psalms might have been a borrowings from earlier Egyptian songs of praises to their divinities. After all, this borrowing issue is a common feature of many ancient manuscripts.

Do the psalms contain some hidden meaning? Well, it depends on how one chooses to look at the situation. In my perspective, I simply think that the psalms are inspirational texts which, IF used properly, can help a spiritually confused person to trust and identify with his/her Creator. I can't find any other reason or purpose they can possibly have.

Mystic oriented people have a tendency to seek cryptic meaning to each and everything they see. They are quite capable of decrypting the Bible (or any book) and find certain patterns of letters they can interpret a certain way and give a meaning they expect. But that is an exercise of futility as far as spiritual growth and personal development is concerned. It is like a dog chasing its own tail; an endless pursuit of circular knowledge which keeps the mind occupied with futility. It is in that regard that certain Jewish Kabbalists of the sixteenth century have come to write a whole collection of books they named The Zohar, and which has "detected" hidden meaning and esoteric interpretation to almost each and every letter in the Hebrew Bible! Rolleyes

In fact, if they had computers at that time, they could have spared themselves of that daunting work of literature by letting the computers do that job for them ! Did you know that nowadays there are computer programs called Web bots that can do such kind of things? For instance, they can find a number of patterns on the web and give forecasting and prediction of the future! You can google about web bots and see what it is all about.
That is why I think that the Zohar can be seen as a scientific rather than a spiritual document.
Mystery creates wonder. Wonder produces curiosity. Curiosity raises questions. Questions lead to answers.
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
Thank you John.
I'll have to maybe test that sometimes, because I am spiritually confused sometimes Big Grin . and see how that is going to comfort me.
It could be the fact that sentences in the psalms are so well structured that they sure could bring about some piece feelings.
like the beauty that comes out of poems, well I'm just guessing here, nothing is so sure on that for me yet.

But since even ancient Egyptians used similar writings, they sure must be something behind it, or probably depending on the belief the person.

And yes I heard about web bots. There's even some movies telling about it. very clever computer program. Wink
A meditation is a trip to the space between the sun and earth. Where there is No days no nights, no noise, no rain, no wind, no earth force of attraction, but just peace, just light, just silence, just freedom. Would you Join me in this trip?

M. Krya
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
Hey this is real guys, I have tried the Psalm 51 when I was in High school. That's was given to us by a teacher
I remember his words saying <<You must take a bath with warm water with lemon juice and repeat the Ps 51 3 times before taking the bath do this for 3 days >> before the exam to protect and purify yourself. we did it and believe me our class was one of the best with good results . Based on that I started to seek for the truth about the Psalm 51 and the lemon till I find out there's hidden Psalm not in a bible.....

I'll come back with some Psalm and the magic behind it.
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
Hey, the group, you never did give us the info re the Psalm and the magic behind it.
Anything more to offer, please?

I believe in magic
I am a Spiritual Being having a Human Experience
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
Love and light to everyone, hope you are all doing well. I've not been around for a while but I'm still among us...When MOONBEARSPEAKS, we must answer Smile and yes there is always something to offer or share over here. Well, a month ago I had to travel from one country to another and everything was happening in such a rush and I was not well prepared for that so I was so worried about my trip suddenly something happened 3 days before the DD I had a dream someone (a lady) was telling me in a friendly way I quote : My brother you are about to leave this country let me warn you it won't be easy for you once you get to the other side(country) just keep the Light on around and within you to make things go well. Remember, Remember Remember she said Repeat the Psalm 130 (4x) around (North-Sud-East-West) before you leave your house. So when I wake up I did was I was told in my dream believe me I have experienced one more time the power of psalm I felt like Angels were going along with me. Despite obstacles all closed doors turn to be widely opened for me to pass. So this is it, remember one should put his mind and heart in it ( Psalm, prayer...) to make it work . Love and Light from The Group

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
QUOTE When MOONBEARSPEAKS, we must answer [Image: smile.gif] UNQUOTE

C'mon fellahs. What's with this moonbearspeaks guy, anyway. I see the smilie but I am still looking for the joke. I hope I was not seen as stepping out of line when I asked you to re-visit a four-year-old post. After all, there was an unfulfilled promise at the end there.......

More seriously; I remember being expected to join in singing psalms at school before I was ten years old. Honestly, my, at that time, undeveloped mind (no sarcasm please) could make little of of the words on the page and I have made no attempt to re-visit the psalms since that time. When, recently, I read thegroup's post, I wondered if I was being given the kick on the butt that I am (my guides too) sometimes accused of delivering to others.

Yes, I thank you, thegroup, for responding thus to my 'cry in the wilderness.'

Now, where did I put that Book of Psalms I used to have.....................?

Can't find it. Guess I'll have to start with good ole Google.

Let Love and Light Be
I am a Spiritual Being having a Human Experience
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
Hi MOONSPPEAKER do not worry at all you actually did a good thing at the right just because of you I can notice my Taptalk notifications. Thanks for that.

Love and Light
[-]
  •
Share this post on :