RegisterLogin with Google+

Inspirational Musics

I wanted to start this thread with the purpose of sharing specific songs that may be mentally/emotionally/spiritually inspiring and uplifting to many people. Do you know a particular song that leaves or has left a profound effect on you? A songs when played, does help you to focus, make you happy, energize you, invigorate you? If so please feel free to share it in this thread, irrespective of the origin, era, genre, culture or language of the song. Of course, if the song is in a language other than English, you may need to interpret its lyrics as best as you can so as to help others get a feel of the song.

When posting the song, please do your best to describe it and provide the name of the artist(s),band, or composer as well as the title of the piece. And if the song is streamable online (in sites such as YouTube or others) it will help to post its link in this thread (or just insert it in the video functionality of this forum) so that all those interested may take a look at it. Most importantly, it would be better for you to provide a brief explanation as to how the song makes you feel and why.

Feel free to describe your experience with the song in any way you can to help us understand the effect it has on you.

The purpose of this thread is as follow:

- To determine if the effect of that particular amazing music is personable to you only, or if the song can have a true potential to effect anyone who hears it;

- To create a play list of tracks that can possibly assist in maintaining balance, raising the vibration, as well as finding peace even during moments of extreme duress or great discomforts (like in the event of war, tragedy, death, attack, depression, loss, and so on).

Thanks for your contribution in this thread.

*************************************************************************************

And to set an example, I would like to start by sharing some of the songs that I usually fall back on whenever I feel down and need some kind of uplifting energy to keep me up.

I find the Celtics songs of Loreena Mckennitt to be particularly inspiring for me, as they radiate a vibration that truly help me find inner peace and reconnect with myself each time I am in emotional turmoil. I have a whole collection of Loreena’s musics which I listen regularly in my IPod and which I intend to share in the music library of this forum if that is possible. And one of the song in the collection which I hightly value is "The Dark Night of the Soul" which is a song that I listen almost daily just before bed. Here is its youtube link:

LYRICS:

Quote:
The Dark Night Of The Soul

Upon a darkened night
The flame of love was burning in my breast
And by a lantern bright
I fled my house while all in quiet rest

Shrouded by the night
And by the secret stair I quickly fled
The veil concealed my eyes
While all within lay quiet as the dead

[Chorus:]
Oh night thou was my guide
Of night more loving than the rising sun
Oh night that joined the lover
To the beloved one
Transforming each of them into the other

Upon that misty night
In secrecy, beyond such mortal sight
Without a guide or light
Than that which burned so deeply in my heart
That fire t'was led me on
And shone more bright than of the midday sun
To where he waited still
It was a place where no one else could come

Repeat Chorus

Within my pounding heart
Which kept itself entirely for him
He fell into his sleep
Beneath the cedars all my love I gave
From o'er the fortress walls
The wind would his hair against his brow
And with its smoothest hand
Caressed my every sense it would allow

Repeat Chorus

I lost myself to him
And laid my face upon my lover's breast
And care and grief grew dim
As in the morning's mist became the light
There they dimmed amongst the lilies fair

Enya is also another another artist who has made a strong presence in the New Age community with her ethereal songs. I very much value her beautiful songs, particularly the following:

Wild child , China Roses , Orinoco Flow , O come O come Emmanuel , On My way Home , Only Time , or Flora’s Secret (below), etc.

NB: you do not necessarily have to share spiritual or ethereal songs in your post. Other songs of different genres (Rock, Reggae, Jazz, Blues, Instrumental, etc) are welcome, so long as they reflect a vibe of harmony and they have a sense of decency in them.

Love, light and life to you.
"To love is to be".
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
commentsComments / Replies (13)
Hey Michelle, Thanks for this thread.
This is very good to have a repo of beautiful songs we can all listen for those moment we need emotional boost.
I know the forum developers will take some time to improve the forum music library, when it is complete, we will definitely think about including all the songs mentioned here in the music library.

One member of the farmer member of this forum called Oryx, was kind enough to invite me at her home to go fetch a whole collection of spiritual music of all sorts. But there are music I can't find online, so I will include in the music library when it is ready. Until then, let's keep our heart beating Smile

You might find this very odd but, I've been listening to 2 songs in particular almost everyday of my life since I started the journey. The first first song which touched me is the Canon of palchelbelle. , I know very popular one, But I never understood how I never got bored with it. It follows me everywhere, I got some obsessed with it, that I even download all sorts of versions of it, canon with guitar, canon with fruit, canon with sounds of the nature... I meditate with it, and do pranayama practices with it each morning.

I got stuck with it for many years because during meditations with the song, It helps me explore the world of thoughts even further.
Some friends even play the song when I go visit them, to make jokes of me, because I play it everywhere, in the car, at home, at work. It is crazy but who cares what people think. When it comes to this, I must be selfish Smile It makes my day, and keeps me in a sort of spiritual state. That is all matters.

I even bought a piano, just to learn how to play that song myself. I wish I could play it like on the video.

The Second song is from Enya. Song called "Caribbean Blue" . Most songs my Enya sounds very beautiful to my ears. First I was fan of her song called "May it be", with which I feel comfortable meditating with. Then few years later, I felt in love with "Caribbean Blue" In the same way I am with Canon de palchelbell, and so I started looking for different versions of it too.

I will look those other beautiful songs I have on my PC over the internet in order to provide a link to it.

Thank you very much for the "Dark night of the soul", I love it already. Smile
A meditation is a trip to the space between the sun and earth. Where there is No days no nights, no noise, no rain, no wind, no earth force of attraction, but just peace, just light, just silence, just freedom. Would you Join me in this trip?

M. Krya
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
Hi Michelle
Here is the song

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z0H9-5g4vj0

As I Kneel Before You....:

As i kneel before you,
As i bow my head in prayer,
Take this day, make it yours,
And fill me with your love,
Ave maria, gratia plena,
Dominus tecum, benedicta tu.

All i have i give you,
Every wish and dream are yours,
Mother of christ, mother of mine,
Present them to my lord,
Ave maria, gratia plena,

As i kneel before you,
And i see your smiling face,
Every thought, every word,
Is lost in your embrace,
Ave maria, gratia plena,

A very kind lady shared it on a forum and i played it just out of curiosity. And here i go, i cried for more than half an hour. I was under a lot of pressure those days, unprepared for exams. And heart burn, tingling, vibration of whole body...all those things going on at the same time.
I couldn't stop myself crying, i didn't want that feeling of peace...and that unknown presence i was feeling... go away.
Evert time i sing or listen to this beautiful song, those feelings come back. And that is the reason i love it so much.
May god bless that lady with joy, who made my life worth living in that crisis.
Love and light Smile
Alena.
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
That's a nice beautiful song Alena. Thank you.
A meditation is a trip to the space between the sun and earth. Where there is No days no nights, no noise, no rain, no wind, no earth force of attraction, but just peace, just light, just silence, just freedom. Would you Join me in this trip?

M. Krya
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
And because I've always had a thing about the native American music. I share this.

https://youtu.be/9oLtCaQ81H8

https://youtu.be/PeF2yH9ARQs

Sent from my SM-G355H using Tapatalk

M. Krya
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
Hi there,
I thought I would share the joy I felt listening this music from Enya:

M. Krya
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
Rainbow 
Enya holds a very special place in my life too. Back in '93 I was fortunate enough to encounter a British 'hands-on' healer in Spain,who, through his 'psychic surgery' guide completely ended many years of crippling back pain and disc deformity. The disc he played throughout his healing sessions was Enya's WATERMARK

Let Love and Light Be
Moon Bear Speaks.
Follow your Rainbow
I am a Spiritual Being having a Human Experience
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
I did not know that I would feel so connected with Chinese music. It gives me a magical feel as if taking me to my roots.I came to know this while watching a show on tv in which they played Chinese instrumental music. I loved it so much that I started searching for that particular music (let me tell you that not all Chinese music have that magic). Only some instruments produce that sound that works for me. After listening to many,I found this one and thought of sharing it

https://youtu.be/_aMr-aR5j78

It calms and soothes my brain, gives me opportunity to connect to my innerself and the surrounding. I feel very happy and peaceful. And it does have the tai chi effect!
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
anushri, beautiful the music. You have a good taste for music.
I've saved it for my meditation sessions. Thank you.
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
Thanks Noman, I am happy you liked it. But, the music is of very short duration. I wish I could have more of it.
[-]
  •
Share this post on :