RegisterLogin with Google+

Interesting correlation between God and light in major world religions....

Hi all, Smile

I have come across some observations which depict an interesting correlation between God and light in the major world religions...

In Hinduism, the Vedas and Hindu scriptures considers the Shivalingam as representing a cosmic pillar of light. The Upanishads and enlightened masters have also described Brahman to be self-luminous. The Dharmic monotheistic sect the Prajapita Brahmakumaris consider God to be a point of light.

In Islam, Allah has 100 name's, and one of them is Alnoor ( the Light).

“God is light,” says 1 John 1:5, in the Bible in Christianity.

In Judaism, Psalm 76:4 says of God, “You are radiant with light.”

So this correlation between God and light, is a common denominator in these four major world religions.

Imo, the fire worship in Zoroastrianism may be illustrating this correlation between God (Ahura Mazda ) and light as well, light being emitted by the fire.

I would say this may provide more proof that the major world religions are identical in their core, with only superficial differences on the outside creating cause for extremism and conflict. If you find any further proofs or evidences in this regard, please do share it here.

Thanking in advance.  Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Ajay0's post:
  • Admin, krya, pekos, Skytiger
Share this post on :
commentsComments / Replies (9)
One day my Christians friends almost wanted to murder me Wink because I said the bible is possibly speaking of the God of nature, which is the sun. My reason was that the description made of God or Jesus in the bible matches exactly the sun composition:
"You are radiant with light"
" God is light"
"Wake up, sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you."

Or if we consider that  the people who wrote the bible books were not referring to the sun, then there is another God with the same properties as the sun ( which I doubt). or else, someone decided to represent the sun as a person in the holy books. ? . Between the two Gods ( the bible one and nature one), someone must be copying another. Nature cannot copy what is said in the bible, so it's the bible who copied ( described) the sun in the bible. 

The bible information is correct, the description of God as light, as the 7 spirits, as the trinity is all correct according to nature, but the people who wrote the bible didn't help future Christians who now believe in God as some form of  powerful old man with white beard siting in a throne in the clouds with his son ( no daughter, and no wife Huh ) called Jesus sitting on his right hand side, in religion we don't question, so if even if it doesn't make sense, I guess no one will ever question why!!!?????!!!!

I learnt that in the old ages, back in ancient Egypt and even in time of the Atlantis, the meaning of God was clearer. God was the sun in the sky, and the light and heat of the sun. They had different names for the sun, but at least compared to our modern religions, they were not worshiping some allegoric. They were looking at the sun and the stars in the sky and trying to connect to their spirit.  If you ask nature itself, if you ask the plants, the animals, the stones ... they will say that the sun is God for them, because it supplies them with the light and heat they need to continue living. 

In my opinion, there is indeed a correlation between God and light, just like there is a relation between the sun and its light. I don't see light precisely as God itself, but as an emanation of God. I also don't see the physical sun as God itself preciously, but as a physical representation of God. And because there are lots of suns, there are many representation of God. And their manifestations are always the same. They are always at the center of things turning around them. So whether we are looking at planets turning around the sun in solar system, or looking at the the world of atoms turning around their center, or in the world of cells of our body, there is always a representation of God there, meaning a central energy which is supplying waves of energies to things that turn around them. Some beings receive this wave of energy directly from a sun, some others receive it through other beings. Just like the moon provides us with the sun light at night.

In the same way there are many representation of God in the physical world, there are many other forms of sun in the invisible world. And also many versions of lights as well. When holy scripts talk about God as being light, they actually mean, that God is composed of a whole spectrum of light. 
Like it's said in the bible, God has 7 spirits. And those 7 spirits are listed in the book of Isaiah 11.2 as follow:
  • 1.The spirit of the lord shall rest upon him
  • 2.The spirit of wisdom 
  • 3.and understanding
  • 4.the spirit of counsel 
  • 5.and might,
  • 6.the spirit of knowledge 
  • 7.and the fear  of the lord 
Those 7 spirits correspond to the 7 colors of light. When combined they form the white light. Most religion also agree with the concept of trinity:
Father, son and holy spirit in Christianity,
or Brahma, Shiva and  Vishnu in Hinduism
Here again trinity is representation of the 3 main colors of light : Red, green and blue,  A good mixture of those three can bring out other colors. All beings on earth feed from that light, so it's normal that light is seen as God.

Light in nature is also a tangible explanation of what inner light is. What is above is like what is below. Those who are used to venture in their inner world, among their thoughts and emotions ( during meditation for example), have found out that there is this other version of light for which the description matches the outside light. We commonly call this light : the understanding. Sometimes also called intuition, sometimes called knowledge.  

1. Yes, within us, Red is seen as courage and fear
  2. Orange is seen as well being. 
  3. Yellow as indigence and knowledge
  4. Green as consolation, peace and harmony
  5. Blue as clarity of mind, and intuition. 
  6. Indigo as the understanding
  7. Purple as wisdom and freedom
And behind all those inner emanations is our inner white light ( our inner sun or inner God).
A meditation is a trip to the space between the sun and earth. Where there is No days no nights, no noise, no rain, no wind, no earth force of attraction, but just peace, just light, just silence, just freedom. Would you Join me in this trip?

M. Krya
[-] The following 3 users Like krya's post:
  • Aceofcups, Ajay0, Skytiger
Share this post on :
Those early religious people also couldn't spell.... The put down Jesus was the Son of God and it was suppose to be Sun of God... just joking... but of course it is interesting they do sound similar when pronounced in English...

But Esoterically the Christ is correlated Symbolically with the SUN.  the Center point of Light coming force from the Absolute Darkness. The Unified place of the Absolute where both the Light and Darkness are ONE - without name or form.

peace
The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you.  Don’t go back to sleep ...  People are going back and forth across the doorsill where the two worlds touch. The door is round and open.   Don’t go back to sleep ... Rumi
[-] The following 3 users Like Aceofcups's post:
  • Admin, Ajay0, krya
Share this post on :
im also somehow confused, African tradition poured libation to gods and GOD. Then the Europeans and Arabs persuaded them into Islam and Christianity. they said 'libation' which the africans offered was idle worship but
David poured libation and Jacob had with him many gods and even poured libation to GOD himself,
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
(09-10-2019, 03:18 AM)Rus Agyengo Wrote: im also somehow confused, African tradition poured libation to gods and GOD. Then the Europeans and Arabs persuaded them into Islam and Christianity.  they said 'libation' which the africans offered was idle worship but
David poured libation and Jacob had with him many gods and even poured libation to GOD himself,

Hello Rus, 
I think Libation to gods is a totally different topic to this thread ( correlation between God and light). but to quickly answer you. I'd say that the type of drink or grains offered during libation rituals may be different but the principles of Libation are the same whether is practiced in Africa, Europe, Asia, america... Why should the law of nature change according to countries? 

The laws of natures are universal. If holy water blesses you in Africa, it will for sure bless the person in Europe or anywhere else in the world.  The only difference will be the degree of effectiveness. I mean depending on your belief background, a ritual may work more effectively on you than on others. Because never omit the power of thoughts and emotions. 

So if African libation was idle worship then the rest of people in other continent who practice libation also are in idle worshiping. I wouldn't worry too much about what religion thinks Rus. I understand it separates, and confuses people, but not people like you and I. 

As truth seeker, we should rather try and find out the true reason why the ancients used to do libation, so we made decide for ourselves if it's worth doing it or not. We shouldn't be following others and practicing what they do just because an authority said so. We should know the pros and cons, the reasons to why it is done. What happens if people don't do it? Does it really matter to do it? And most importantly, does it contribute to your spiritual goal or to someone else idea?
A meditation is a trip to the space between the sun and earth. Where there is No days no nights, no noise, no rain, no wind, no earth force of attraction, but just peace, just light, just silence, just freedom. Would you Join me in this trip?

M. Krya
[-] The following 3 users Like krya's post:
  • Admin, Ajay0, Witashnah
Share this post on :
We have to be careful when we read religious texts, it is really the same with any writing. The writer tries to convey his/her ideas, ideals, and beliefs to the reader. Most religious texts were written many, many years ago and the ideas portrayed then may not fit with modern understanding, and of course much meaning has been lost in translation. For example the Welsh language has no word for ‘employee’ so the word ‘gwas’ is used meaning servant. When a text containing this word is translated we can see that the local council has two thousand ‘servants.’ The word doesn’t translate into modern language, likewise Mary, the virgin mother of Christ can be mistranslated as the word in both Aramaic and Greek translates as ‘young girl,’ not virgin. This part of the New Testament was included to fulfil the prophesy in Isaiah 7:14 ‘Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.’ Virgin births are common in religious texts, Mithras was born of a virgin on December 25th!
We have two schools relating to religious texts, one is of Gnosis and the other is Literal. The Literal school believes the literal meaning of every word and sentence, the Gnostic school looks for the hidden knowledge within the text and sees much of it as allegory.
Einstein said, ‘Just as darkness is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of God!’ Always light has been perceived as being the opposite of darkness and has been associated with good, whereas the dark has been thought of as evil.
John 1:5-7. ‘This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not speak the truth:’
In the above passage we could easily replace light with the word good, and darkness with the word evil. The analogy of light and darkness may have been that bad things lurked hidden in the shadows and dark areas, whereas everything is visible in the light and this made good and evil easier to understand as they had personification, a metaphorical meaning rather than a literal one.
Christ is portrayed with a halo, believed to signify his divinity, but what if his shining light, the halo being a pictorial representation of this, was just a physical explanation of him having lighter skin.
There was once a tall fair skinned race living in Mesopotamia, now modern day Iraq, a few thousand years ago. Some said they were Angels, or descendants of Angels. The Nephalim were alleged to be descended from Angels and they were reputed to have ‘shining faces’ as was Noah and Lot. Was this shining face also a euphemism for paler skin?
The Romans worshipped Sol Invictus, the Sun God whose day was Sunday, they superimposed Christ on their God, or was it the other way round? Christs’ face could, without too much imagination, be seen as a face on the sun with his ‘flaming’ halo. Moses came out of Egypt with ‘the one True God’ after Akhenatens death, Akhenaten had introduced a monotheistic religion to the Egyptians, the Sun God, Ra. Was this the God of Moses? Whatever secret knowledge we may find by studying these texts gnostically rather than literally it still remains that gods, truth, love and goodness are represented by light, and evil and wickedness represented by the dark or shadow, but the light always overcomes the darkness, the sun rises and the shadows are chased away. My personal opinion is that it is all allegory and symbolic and the destruction of darkness by the light is representative of good overcoming evil or Gods triumph.
What is important is not the right doctrine but the attainment of the true experience. It is giving up believing in belief.
[-] The following 2 users Like johngefnir's post:
  • krya, MOONBEARSPEAKS
Share this post on :
(09-09-2019, 01:12 PM)Ajay0 Wrote: Hi all, Smile

I have come across some observations which depict an interesting correlation between God and light in the major world religions...

In Hinduism, the Vedas and Hindu scriptures considers the Shivalingam as representing a cosmic pillar of light. The Upanishads and enlightened masters have also described Brahman to be self-luminous. The Dharmic monotheistic sect the Prajapita Brahmakumaris consider God to be a point of light.

In Islam, Allah has 100 name's, and one of them is Alnoor ( the Light).

“God is light,” says 1 John 1:5, in the Bible in Christianity.

In Judaism, Psalm 76:4 says of God, “You are radiant with light.”

So this correlation between God and light, is a common denominator in these four major world religions.

Imo, the fire worship in Zoroastrianism may be illustrating this correlation between God (Ahura Mazda ) and light as well, light being emitted by the fire.

I would say this may provide more proof that the major world religions are identical in their core, with only superficial differences on the outside creating cause for extremism and conflict. If you find any further proofs or evidences in this regard, please do share it here.

Thanking in advance.  Smile
Love is, above all, the gift of oneself - Jean Anouih
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
Very good observations Stardusty. If only all the world religions could find the commonalities which bring us together rather than the ideas which divide us the world would be a happier, safer place.
If we all have a candle and there is only one candle burning, that being the light of truth, and we all light our candles from it its light is not diminished in the least, yet we now have enough light to illuminate the whole world!
What is important is not the right doctrine but the attainment of the true experience. It is giving up believing in belief.
[-] The following 1 user Likes johngefnir's post:
  • Ajay0
Share this post on :
(09-26-2019, 08:04 PM)johngefnir Wrote: Very good observations Stardusty. If only all the world religions could find the commonalities which bring us together rather than the ideas which divide us the world would be a happier, safer place.
If we all have a candle and there is only one candle burning, that being the light of truth, and we all light our candles from it its light is not diminished in the least, yet we now have enough light to illuminate the whole world!
Well maybe that’s what we all are doing here, shedding and sharing light together!
Love is, above all, the gift of oneself - Jean Anouih
[-] The following 3 users Like stardusty's post:
  • Admin, Ajay0, johngefnir
Share this post on :