RegisterLogin with Google+

Is Peace possible on Earth?

Yes it is very possible. There are no limits Smile
Set your intentions, then allow the universe to figure out the details.
[-] The following 1 user Likes kayla7111's post:
  • Skytiger
Share this post on :
Perhaps the only way we can have complete peace is to do away with religions and put love above all things. Treat everyone like you want to be treated....Which IMHO should be love for everyone, all that dwell here on Mother Earth.
From reading this thread, it seems most everyone thinks there has to be a religion to guide them.
Why not go to the source by listening to the voice within. The voice that says everyone is loved equally reguardless of race, religion, country, sex. All the positive things we find here on earth.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Skytiger's post:
  • Uzumaki
Share this post on :
Two English proverbs which echo your sentiment, Skytiger, and I am sure they are there in other languages too.

1. Do as you would be done by.
2. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Seems to me, if we could all achieve that, then who needs Bible, Qu'ran, Torah or any other "Book of Rules" to teach us how to live as a world community.
I am a Spiritual Being having a Human Experience
[-] The following 2 users Like MOONBEARSPEAKS's post:
  • Skytiger, Uzumaki
Share this post on :
The name of this thread is "Is peace possible on Earth"

I do not believe "true peace" can ever be obtained on earth. But I do believe Earth could be much more peaceful.

reading the posts from Skytiger and MBS I cant help but agree because what they are saying is true.

peace and love can be spread to others. A good example of someone who spread peace and love even in the midst of darkness and despair is Mahatma Gandhi. I believe the answer to achieving peace lies with the individual living and promoting what skytiger and MBS have said.
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
(09-16-2014, 12:22 PM)krya Wrote: From what I understand, submission is what describes Islam.

Submission to God alone. So anyone who submits to God is by definition practicing Islam. Titles don’t matter. To be Muslim doesn’t mean to be a submitter, but who does the action of submission is. And many people in the world in many religions and mysticism are submitters too. Therefore many people have found that solution.

In my opinion, settling peace by submission is a solution, but not the solution. Because I can see it hasn’t had great fruits over the centuries.  Most religious faith of the past were based on submission. To submission to God is associated the idea of fear of God. The fear of God is only good in the sense that it prevents the person not to indulge him/herself into misbehavior. But there are many problems around that too. Considering the person in a fear state. Fear paralyzes the mind and reduces its functions to an instinctive mode. The person does actions instinctively almost like an intelligent animal would do. Without much reasoning.

Knowing what the fear state does to a human being, heads of religions and certain sects have used fear has a tool to force the followers to what exactly what they expect from them. “Do not do this, or you will go to hell “  “ do not do that or God will punish you”.
The followers in the fear state don’t think, to reason, the fear state leaves no room for questioning. And so was born dogmatism.

Once again, this is my opinion and could be wrong. Fear for God or submission has been a great method for some time in the past, when people knew no other ways to do good but by fear of God. When people were barbarians, and couldn’t manifest much love.

We’ve grown up, and we can run now. We now know that love for God alone can make you behave good, obey God and so get peace. You may love someone so much that you don’t want to disappoint him/her so you always behave good.

When you fear someone or something you keep a safe distance. Should we keep that distance with God, we lose the opportunity to touch him, feel him, or even unite with him which should be the ultimate Goal in spirituality. In the other hand, When you love someone or something you want no safe distance between. You want to unite with the person or touch the thing.

I would go with the idea that each person on earth approaches God through Love to find peace. Since in God we have peace.

The subject matter is of a very sensitive nature …. I will very carefully be walking through this one Smile
The problem with the concept of peace and religion has always been that ….. I fully agree with and live according to your beliefs and I will have a peaceful life in your community, but if I disagree I will be at war with you. Religion creates a breeding ground for war in whatever form. Religious fanatics of whatever persuasion have been using religion to justify their reasons for war from time unknown. The knights templar, witches, protestant reformers etc. have been persecuted and killed in the name of religion. Even now today there is a low key war being fought against Christians, Muslims and a array of other religions by a seemingly opposing religion. In my opinion religion creates war....
[-] The following 2 users Like LizardKing's post:
  • krya, Skytiger
Share this post on :
Yes, when it comes to religious matter, one must always be so careful. Religion subjects are usually one of those hard one to debate about. I fear religion a lot Smile Smile

But maybe religion is not the only factor to wars on earth. Maybe our intellect is another cause. The things we create in science without taking into account the consequences that could cause. While wisdom should be used together with intelligence to avoid bad consequences? Then Maybe love and wisdom are the key to peace on earth.
A meditation is a trip to the space between the sun and earth. Where there is No days no nights, no noise, no rain, no wind, no earth force of attraction, but just peace, just light, just silence, just freedom. Would you Join me in this trip?

M. Krya
[-] The following 1 user Likes krya's post:
  • Skytiger
Share this post on :
(09-30-2019, 04:05 PM)krya Wrote: Yes, when it comes to religious matter, one must always be so careful. Religion subjects are usually one of those hard one to debate about. I fear religion a lot  Smile  Smile 

But maybe religion is not the only factor to wars on earth. Maybe our intellect is another cause. The things we create in science without taking into account the consequences that could cause. While wisdom should be used together with intelligence to avoid bad consequences? Then Maybe love  and wisdom are the key to peace on earth.

I absolutely agree ...... as with most if not all issue's , there is always a combination of factors causing the effect. A recipe for disaster has more than one ingredient .... Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like LizardKing's post:
  • Admin, Skytiger
Share this post on :