RegisterLogin with Google+

Kundalini

Hey everyone !
I have a query regarding kundalini . I have read that this is one of the most dangerous form of yoga . I use to listen to the mantras of kundalini at night before going to sleep . It 's more or less like meditation for 5-7 min . I listen to mantra regarding one chakra for one week continuously . So I just wanted to ask if that can have some effect ( danger ?) . I just found the mantras relaxing and they are really great.
So if anyone have any suggestion regarding this, please enlighten me with your knowledge.
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
commentsComments / Replies (5)
Hello AnamikaS,

This is a form of yoga with which I am not personally familiar but if you would like to read what others on the forum say about it, then I suggest you enter kudalini or kundalini in the Search panel at the top of the page.

I will be interested to know your reaction to what is posted there, as it is somewhat at variance with what you describe, so please oblige me by giving your comments.
I am a Spiritual Being having a Human Experience
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
hi go to Pranayama and read the awakening of chakras, it one of the main topics on home
Light, Life and Love
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
Hello Moonbearspeaks,
I read a few articles about chakra activation today. I haven't found anything about effect of listening to kundalini mantras on chakra activation , though I got to know a lot about chakras . Thank u for your advice . :-)

Hello Gerhard Botha ,
Thank you for your suggestion
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
Well done AnamikaS

So far I have nothing on kundalini mantras.
Keep working on it.

I noticed the following in your Introduction -

And I think , it's necessary to have a " GURU" or teacher to advance in that direction . I hope to meet him / her soon :-)

Undoubtedly a competent teacher will help one progress more swiftly, but in the matter of finding such a teacher an important point is often overlooked. It is you yourself who in the end has to decide whether or or not a certain person is a competent teacher and so the responsibility must finally come back to yourself. No one can do your learning for you just as no one else can eat your food for you. There will be no progress without a willingness to assume responsibility. There is an even more important point, which is that in accordance with the law of karma or cause and effect, one ultimately receives from life what one puts into it. What one gives out and what one receives are two sides of the same coin. However, a great part of humanity has not yet learned this truth which is naturally linked to the law of reincarnation,since the giving out and receiving back is necessarily evened out over more than one life. This law applies equally to learning in that one may only receive knowledge to the extent that one gives it out. Therefore, in order to learn one must also teach what one knows to others who need it. This latter comment involves an important principle of using one's energy in the most economical and therefore the most creative way. To give to someone exactly the most useful knowledge that he needs at the moment he needs it is to do this. Trying to force knowledge onto people who are not ready for it is a wasteful and therefore an uncreative use of energy.In this, discrimination is necessary to judge whom you can best help, and in which way, and at what time. The door-to-door apostle trying to force his ideas on all and sundry lacks proper discrimination and makes an uneconomical use of energy. The old adage that when one is ready the teacher will appear is true because you bring yourself by your own efforts into contact with the sources of knowledge which you merit at the time. But even the best teacher can only teach one to teach oneself.

Let Love and Light Be
I am a Spiritual Being having a Human Experience
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
Thank you Moonbearspeaks , I will keep your words in my mind while advancing in my spiritual journey .
[-]
  •
Share this post on :