Register

Quotes on virtue and virtuous conduct...

When even one virtue becomes our nature, the mind becomes clean and tranquil. Then there is no need to practice meditation; we will automatically be meditating always. ~ Swami Satchidananda

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Self-awareness is yoga. - Nisargadatta Maharaj

Awareness is the great non-conceptual perfection. - Dzogchen

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. - Eckhart Tolle
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
Truth, as it exists in all the world, is of thirteen kinds. The forms that Truth assumes are impartiality, self-control, forgiveness, modesty, endurance, goodness , renunciation, contemplation, dignity, fortitude, compassion and abstention from injury. ~ Mahabharatha

Sincerity and Truth are the basis of every virtue. ~ Confucius.

I would rather be the author of one original thought than conqueror of a hundred battles. Yet moral excellence is so much superior to intellectual, that I ought to esteem one virtue more valuable than a hundred original thoughts. ~ William Benton Clulow

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ajay0's post:
  • krya
Share this post on :
If I tell you that I would be disobeying the God and on that account it is impossible for me to keep quiet, you won’t be persuaded by me, taking it that I am ironizing. And if I tell you that it is the greatest good for a human being to have discussions every day about virtue and the other things you hear me talking about, examining myself and others, and that the unexamined life is not livable for a human being, you will be even less persuaded. ~ Socrates

[-]
  •
Share this post on :