I would like to begin by thanking everyone for bringing up, or should I say, for “resurrecting” this old thread which I nearly have forgotten already due to so many things I have been involved in for the past two years or so. Now let me try to elaborate further on the subject:

johngefnir said:

QUOTE:
OK, Interesting thread. On the relevance of nasties i.e bugs and biting insects etc, they all have a place in both the evolutionary cycle and the food chain. Remove something from the environment, and it will eventually damage something else, but if we are to agree that there is intelligence behind creation and not just random accidents, then everything is thought created, that being slightly different to a thought form. Thought forms are weak and transient, thought creations are semi-permanent and stronger.
I come from an esoteric study background, and among other things run courses on visualisation, mainly with regard to meditation and pathworking, but the techniques can be beneficial in the physical sense too.
Look about you, everything you see started in someones imagination, the car you drive, the chair you sit on, even you and me, we all started in someones imagination.
If you can imagine it, and then visualise it you can create it! We are all made in our creators image, so we are all at least demi-gods in a sense. We all move down the Qabalistic tree of life from Kether (ultimate potential) through Binah (understanding) where through force we receive form.
Elementals are thought created beings, we create them all the time, mainly they are weak and shadowy and soon disperse, children, with there unfettered imagination do it all the time, imaginary friends etc. but when they grow up and no longer need their imaginary friend it again fades away, back into the magikal elements from which it was created. Elementals, if consciously created are for a spesific purpose, and when the purpose is fulfilled they cease to exist, but if, when one is created the purpose was not specific, or if some thing prevented the being from completing its task, it will continue to exist more or less for ever. These beings inhabit the lower astral, and observe the behavior of humans,and try to emulate them, after a period of many years they may begin to develop an intelligence, perhaps that of a monkey, but they can never have a divine spirit as they are not part of the divine creation. It is these beings which are most commonly communicated with via a ouja board, and they can be very dangerous if they are allowed to enter our world, they can attach themselves to people and cause many problems, they are also very difficult to send back to the lower astral. there is a Chinese saying, 'when you are confronted by your demon, look into the past to when you created it, then enter its world and destroy it, if you allow it to enter your world it will destroy you!'
These elemental beings can also be created and used in curses and other occult works.
Most 'ghost hunters' come into contact with these beings as often the ghost hunts are in places of dubious atmospheres, e.g, old prisons, asylums, workhouses etc. where the inhabitants were not always of sound mind, and almost certainly were giving off negative energy and thoughts.
UNQUOTE

Dear johngefnir, I appreciate your take on this subject, and which, to my opinion, seems to globally align with what is being said in this thread. What I don’t seem to comprehend is your apparent obsession with words. Words are simply ways of conveying ideas to the outside world. But Ideas (spiritual or intellectual) belong to the abstract domain (i.e. the invisible world). So part of our spiritual or intellectual evolution is to focus our attention on the true substance of things expressed (which are universal and eternal) instead of getting stuck with learned wordings and terminologies that may be confusing and actually vary from tradition to tradition and change from generation to generation.

There is only one spiritual truth about spiritual reality but this truth is expressed in different systems in order to customize its secrets to the various cultures and traditions existing in this worlds. For instance, the feeling of two people loving each other is the same everywhere but it is expressed differently in Oriental, Arabic, African, or Western traditions and customs. However, those different expressions do not change the actual meaning of love. It stays the same no matter how we think of it. Similarly, there are many esoteric traditions that all express the same spiritual truth. So if you have studied the Hebrew system of Kabbalah, it doesn’t mean that that is the only authentic esoteric system. Others have studied the Taoist system, the Hindu system, the Buddhist system, the Sufi system, the druidic system, the Rosicrucian system, and many other systems that exist and have existed before. They have all come to the same understanding because all those systems are different ways of interpreting (or decrypting) the same spiritual information. Trying to assert that only one system is authentic and trying to impose it on others is and has always been the source of many conflicts, wars and genocides in the bloody history of this world.

As far as thoughtforms are concerned, it really doesn’t matter if one calls them elementals or whatever other names because after all, none of us has seen them directly, although many of us have felt or seen their effects. The bottom line is that we (humans) think and feel. And as we think about something persistently and invest our strong emotions in it, this will unavoidably produce an energy configuration (or thoughtform) corresponding to the type of thought and feeling that was put in it. As soon as they are created, these thoughtforms have the potential to evolve and adapt according to their respective natures. The thoughtforms that are directly created by adepts are simple automatons because they are entirely programmed and controlled by their creators. For example, the Jews mystics of the Middle Ages were often feared for their magical ability of creating creatures known as Golems. Those Golems (manifested thoughtforms) were used as dangerous guardian pets and they could become visible or invisible as needed.

Of course, all thoughtforms (whether positives or negatives) are second order beings and they do not have any knowledge or any direct connection with the Godhead because they are the creatures of creatures. Their existence derives and depends on us (first order beings) who created them, which is why we should be wise to create only the thoughtforms that can be beneficial to us because otherwise we will be overpowered by them and be doomed to dig our own graves. All diseases are caused by parasitical thoughtforms, which is why it is not irrational to state that organisms such as germs, mosquitoes and other bugs that cause diseases must be the physical embodiment of various parasitical thoughtforms since they simply do not fit into the plan of a loving Creator.

Finally, I want to say that I am ONLY talking about thoughtforms here and not anything else (such as nature’s spirits). Therefore, any other parasitical attachments one may get from discarnate humans, demons, or negative fourth dimensional beings is a different thing from attachment by thoughtforms, for the simple reason that we do not create those ones. They already exist on their own. But thoughtforms are created by us, and we can have a full control over them if only we know how to do it. The gift of creating thoughtforms was given by Cosmic Intelligence to all sentient beings in the universe so they can use their thinking capacity and their given freewill to create the condition of reality they wish to experience for their own growth and development. In fact, the difference of cultures and ways of life we observe among people or nations of this world is a direct consequence of the type of thoughtforms that each one of them has created for itself and which shape its reality and view of life.