RegisterLogin with Google+

The decision: Our actions shape our world.

A political statement, a call-out for humanity and a being:

We are meditating here today because we feel a quiet mind and an open heart are the optimum conditions for social change.
We have no enemies whatsoever, either here or anywhere.
We recognize we are all part of the same organism, striving in our own ways to maintain the health and unity of the whole.

It is the very nature of our being that defines the power and quality of this statement.

By focusing on and cherishing each breath we are affirming the value and dignity of life in the simplest way possible.
We extend our compassion to those everywhere who live with fear or the consequences of economical, political, ecological or social disruption and/or devastation.

May we all experience clarity of mind and learn to share this constructively with each other.

~Wavy Gravy
by Ram Dass

This message shakes us at the root of our potential impact. When you work towards a more healthy, happy, strong and united world you must also work towards that within yourself. Socially, we have the most impact because the whole of this world starts with the individual, who is normally completely influenced by it's environmental input.
The western way of life and philosophies that go with it are, symbolically, a loaded gun pointed at the face of the earth. 
Pointed at all that we have, the mother of all.
 All you see around you is made out of it and we are currently in the process of destroying the very thing that is our only chance of survival and all life's potential being fulfilled.
We, today, have the ability to collectively solve each and every last problem societies all around the world are experiencing, but our priorities are elsewhere.
The three biggest industries: 1. Arms and Armory = Death 2. Pharmaceuticals = prolonging of life. 3. Alcohol = Poison
We produce enough food to feed everyone on this planet twice the amount we really need but people still die of hunger, daily.
We are in the gradual process of changing and devastating the climate to enormous proportions, forgetting it is the only thing allowing us to be. 
We do this mainly with our choices of where we put our money into the roaring system that controls the flow of it.

We move on our planet with the characteristics of a toxic, dangerous, poisonous and cruel virus which does not in anyway progress consciously and responsibly. This had been going on for a long time and we can see the 60's as a very strong counter-movement against this kind of destructive living. 

It is a given fact that we are at the brink of either creating global paradise or oblivious chaos.
We are the generation which is going to have to go through this process either way and we get to shape the way once more.
Decide with cosmic perspective, realizing we are but specs of dust inhabiting one tiny dot in the vast cosmos of undefinable realities. Our time here on earth is very limited and from a cosmic perspective but a fraction of the blink of an eye.

We have to do this, think of your lineage and how your DNA dates back to the very beginning of life. Think of your children's children and their ways of life. 
We have the choice. How are you going to show the reason and way you made it?

Peace, blessings, serenity and strength to all Sleepy
Black implies white, self implies other. It's the contrast which makes it real.

[-] The following 4 users Like Milian's post:
  • dryrot, Gerhard Botha, MOONBEARSPEAKS, Uzumaki
Share this post on :
commentsComments / Replies (3)
nice post, i like Ram dass story and his teaching is very nice.

tell me...if you tell me the truth will i be able to know and understand it?

can i stop death?

we can see maybe
Light, Life and Love
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gerhard Botha's post:
  • dryrot
Share this post on :
Looking forward to your next post Milian
Light, Life and Love
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gerhard Botha's post:
  • Milian
Share this post on :
(03-21-2017, 09:28 PM)Gerhard Botha Wrote: nice post, i like Ram dass story and his teaching is very nice.

tell me...if you tell me the truth will i be able to know and understand it?

can i stop death?  

we can see maybe

Well, you see, I believe that truth goes beyond understanding. Simply because truth has to be a certain reality, an absolute one. If you understand something, it's a part of your perception and your perception is only how you personally perceive the reality that really is. So, in this way, all truth is mere perception. The question becomes: If you tell me the truth, will I be able to perceive it like you?

About death: My Guru told me that if you manage to fall asleep whilst remaining fully aware, you become deathless. It's a shortcut. but it's one that takes phenomenal effort and capability.
Black implies white, self implies other. It's the contrast which makes it real.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Milian's post:
  • krya
Share this post on :