RegisterLogin with Google+

The secret of music

Thanks fatehearted for that cool music Smile .
that's why I love this forum. Let's keep sharing guys.

I also have one:
this is not to make you sad Sad , but I'm sure if you like it, you will know when to use it.
behind that sadness melody like, you might find a feeling of spiritual security and peace.

A meditation is a trip to the space between the sun and earth. Where there is No days no nights, no noise, no rain, no wind, no earth force of attraction, but just peace, just light, just silence, just freedom. Would you Join me in this trip?

M. Krya
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
So glad to have read this. My dad is a drummer in a jazz band (since forever) and while jazz in itself is 1 of the types of music I have no reaction to, just being exposed to music all my life has played a huge role in my beliefs.
Today, music is a hobby. I've recently starting listeninig to and creating Psychedelic ambient music and although Im years off from releasing anything, it is very soothing. There are times that I feel that the music just flows through me. I would listen to an intro I created and suddenly hear things that aren't there, then put it in and expand the song from there. There are other times, that I would sit literally for hours and nothing would come at all.

I know now that the music is part of nature. Almost a physical part of it. There is always sound around us, even in an empty room where theres nothing but the hum of an airconditioner or light buzz from a PC. I have learned to hear more and use it as inspiration to start many songs. I even used the rythm of a petrol pump while filling up my car in a song.
The biggest inspiration for my starting to create music, comes from a few years ago when I used to attend outdoor Psy-trance parties in Cape Town. These were my first encounter with music that opened my mind and allowed OBE's, without real effort from me. All I did was dance non-stop for hours. I then learned about the South American Indian dance rituals, the Kalahari Bushman Trance dances, and other tribes that used dance and looping rythms from drums or clapping to induce trance states. From there I joined a local djembe group in Cape Town and learned about tension and release and that started my hunger for knowledge about music. It has become very technical from there, but I love the fact that sound can put us in any state we choose.
I would recommend anyone interested in going deeper into their mind, to release blockages from past experiances, to take up some kind of drumming or dance as it is probably the easiest way to practice deep meditation.
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
It's so great to see that music inspires you a lot.
Do you maybe have some music to share in the forum so we can also enjoy Smile ?
A meditation is a trip to the space between the sun and earth. Where there is No days no nights, no noise, no rain, no wind, no earth force of attraction, but just peace, just light, just silence, just freedom. Would you Join me in this trip?

M. Krya
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
I only have 2 tracks complete which I can't share as of yet. They need to be mixed properly and mastered by a sound engineer. What I could do is post 2 or 3 youtube links so you guys know the type of genre Im learning to create.......Please take your time listening to this, its nothing like commercial music and requires playing it from beggining to end. You guys can google how to save Youtube videos to MP3 if you want to do that but it might affect the quality a bit....or you could go onto www.ektoplazm.com and search for ambient or downtempo music.
It is really "mind opening" music. Each song would be at least 7mins long allowing for a slight trance to occur (or deep trance in some poeple who allow it to transport them), there are no words (although Snatam has lyrics, but most of her songs have very repetitive phrases with a low sound drone in the background as the canvas which also aids 1 to go into a trance - which brings with it "non-resistance" to the moment and to connect more easily to the source - God)
SO heres the list:
The 1st song is from a cd Ive bought recently (The absolute best cd in my collection - Snatam Keur Live in concert) that I just want to share, the 2nd and 3rd is the actual music Im learning to create.

You will notice that the 2nd two are electronic, but all these songs share repitition as their basis and all also have distinct sound drones on which the rest of the sound is layered to induce of a mental alertness and higher frequecy trance-like state. All of them lower blood pressure (you can test them yourselves to have proof), and all of them emphasize the vastness of space in some way.
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
I must say that I love the first one very much already Smile .
I'll add it to my favorite list of music.
There's actually a short description of the foreign mantra words used in that song I also like:
Ong Namo -I bow to the subtle divine wisdom
Guru Dev Namo - I bow to the divine teacher within.

I'll keep testing the rest the electronic music, they sound quite interesting.
Thanks Warren for the songs.

M. Krya
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
Its a pleasure.
Yes that first song I heard about 3 weeks ago at Tai-chi class.... literally the very next day I went to the Waterfront(at the wellness center) in Cape Town to get that full cd/dvd set. Something about it spoke to me at a very deep level. Most of the other songs on the disc also rezonates deep within, they seem to bring back memories that I forgot I have.
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
Hey Warren. I am so happy to have found another person on here who enjoys downtempo ambient psychadelic music. Ektoplazm has the best range of psy genres and has always brought me some great music to float away with. Thank you for the other links as well, I will be sure to check them out. When you have mixed and mastered your tracks though I am sure we would all love to hear them.
love and light
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
Hello Warren-79 and others who previously subscribed to this thread.

Today I clicked on the on-screen prompt The Secret of Music and found you and your friends exchanging info back in 2012. In the 60s to 90s I enjoyed a lot of the popular music of the era, although still listening to the classical stuff, yes, Mozart, Beethoven, Wagner and the rest, which I still use for the right mood. However, just as you say between you, be careful to pick the right music for the right mood or purpose, (horses for courses one could say.)
As I have mentioned elsewhere, it was back in those decades that my wife and I were travelling the world, mostly by camper van, meeting up with all sorts of ‘fellow-travellers’, lots of long-haired, western style hippies and so on. All manner of live groups and soloists, vocalists and instrumentalists. And lots of MJ being smoked. I remember sitting in the sun, on top of a mountain (yeah, on top) in the Spanish Pyrenees, with a number of travellers of mixed races and watching them pick the leaves off some plants and then, to my surprised innocence, rolling them into joints. Different groups making various music. Not my background; not my scene, but all part of the learning curve, I guess. We also spent some weeks travelling in SA and Namibia, but it was back in the dark days, when Mandela was still on Robin Island and it was pretty well impossible to escape from the white environment. So I cannot say I know much about your culture or lifestyle, other than what the TV puts out. However, Simon and Garfunkel and others did a little something to open doors and from then on we grabbed at any ‘ethnic’ stuff that came on commercial radio, such as Spirit of Africa and some modern dance music recorded in Soweto. So I am still without any first-hand knowledge or experience of who and what you are.
Then, today, on MSG, I found The Secret of Music and followed the thread, listened to some of the music you guys were using in 2012. Do your tastes change much with the new trends, or do you remain faithful to the earlier stuff? I will certainly be re-visiting and following up on the links. Thank you for leaving these threads and posts around.
Love and Light MB
I am a Spiritual Being having a Human Experience
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
I was told to download Adobe Flashplayer which I did to 'view this object' but no success. I can't see the files and I have lots of brain entrainment I can upload.

Best
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sarandipity's post:
  • Admin
Share this post on :
Thank you Sarandipity. It is just that the music library needs a bit of maintenance at the moment. I will let you know when that is fixed. So you can load us with some cool music. Smile
"You mess with me, I lighten you"
Awesome Admin
[-]
  •
Share this post on :