RegisterLogin with Google+

Vipassana

Has Anyone Recently Been On A Vipassana Meditation Course.?
If So Could You Tell Me As Much About It As You Can,
I Would Be Very Grateful...
[-]
  •
Share this post on :
Hi Pip K,
Personally never been in a formal Vipassana course. Just an experienced person took me through it (among many other things) for quite some time.
The way I see it, there is not much to study about vipassana, because there is nothing to memorize but rather experience.
Among all the subjects of spirituality, Vipassana meditation is a subject we learn not with the left brain but rather with the right brain. In order words, this is something we need to teach our sub consciousness.

This is about getting used to the proper view of the self. This is no special ability, but the first most important natural ability each one of us already has. We simply don’t use because we ( in general ) don’t see the benefit of it. In my opinion, it is difficult to move few steps further in the path without being able to Vipassana. Because if one never distinguishes his true self from his false self, there is no much hope for a quick healthy evolution.

In short, Vipassana meditation is about cultivating the true self view. The key word in this practice is observation. Observation of one’s body, feelings and thoughts. So in this meditation, the object of concentration is nothing external, but ourselves. We don’t focus on spirits, nor God, but ourselves. Yes ourselves is the starting point towards God with which we are meant to unite with. Know yourself and you shall know God.

There are very interesting questions around this subject. Like why are we observing our breathing during Vipassana training, or how does the union with God happens over time through a consistent meditation such as vipassana. There are many things being triggered when cultivating vipassana. Questions we can elaborate on if you will. What is however urgent to mention now, is the identification process happening while practicing vipassana.

See, anything you can look at, anything you can observe is not YOU. Because if you can look at it , you are not IT. Even your image in the mirror is not you. We’ve never really been able to look at ourselves (only images of ourselves). Whether visible or invisible, if you can observe it, it is not you. Your physical body is maya, even your desire, feelings, thoughts although invisible but are observable, so they are not you and they are not truly yours. Now anything you cannot observe is truly you. We are the only thing we have never been able to observe. And if you think about it, there are only 2 things you will never be able to observe in life : You and God. So You and God are the same nature. Each part of us which is not observable is nothing but a version of God.

Then in Vipassana, we are trained to first observe our breathing, the sensations, to make us aware of the fact that we are not what is breathing, we are not the body since we can observe its motions. Further we learn to observe our feelings and thoughts in order to distinguish ourselves from the psyche. At least we notice that there is something we can’t observe within us. That something is what is actually doing the observation, the contemplation. That thing is which pure consciousness, simple awareness and which can’t be observed, is the true self (our higher self or a version of God). This is how we get know ourselves.

Simply experiencing the fact that we are not body feelings and thoughts but rather the observer, is enough to awake the true self in the course of time. Knowing and experiencing the observer is to actually identify with one’s higher self. From that process comes true love, wisdom and truth.

Love and light to you.
A meditation is a trip to the space between the sun and earth. Where there is No days no nights, no noise, no rain, no wind, no earth force of attraction, but just peace, just light, just silence, just freedom. Would you Join me in this trip?

M. Krya
[-]
  •
Share this post on :